Sunday 19 April 2015

3D2N Penang Trip - Day Two

It's the second day of our trip here in Penang and we are up early today for the breakfast which starts from 6.30am onwards. Loving the breakfast here as the chefs will heat up the food regularly to ensure that diners are served with hot and quality food. Yummy Yummy ^_^


After our breakfast, we went for a walk at the swimming pool and the beach just infront of the Hard Rock Hotel. Hehe I love holding dear's hand when we are taking a stroll along the beach here. I feel so blissful to have her by my side all the time.



First Stop: Kek Lok Si Temple
Location: Jalan Balik Pulau (Air Itam)
Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm

Our first stop of our itinerary for the day will be the Kek Lok Si Temple which is about a 40 minutes car journey from the hotel. I really like going to the temple with the girlfriend as we pray for our loved ones. Got a little pink bracelet for my mum, and dear also got some bracelets back for mei mei and her mum too. ^_^ Felt so calm to be here praying and walking around. 

Afterwhich we took the lift to head up to see the magnificent Guan Yin statue that is so huge and tall when you see it from the start of the Kek Lok Si temple. We even went to see the Pagoda too which is really beautiful and I love the little turtle statues at the ground level of the Pagoda hehe ^_^ 


Second Stop: Tea Break @ Jalan Penang Chendol
Location: 475 Jalan Penang; Joo Hooi Cafe 
Operating Hours: 11.30am o 5pm

It's time for a little tea break after a long walk under the scorching sun and sudden rain along the way. Lalala I am so happy that I managed to found a public carpark area just right beside the place that we want to go for our dessert. Beware of parking illegally along the road in Penang as the authorities will not hesitate to call upon the tow truck to tow your only mode of transport away. 

So we ordered two bowls of Chendol, two plates of Fried Kway Teow and Lor Bak. Hmm... I think I prefer the Chendol over at Melaka because the taste is way stronger, as for the Fried Kway Teow, well... my vote still goes towards the kind of cooking style in Singapore :p Lastly, as for the "Lor Bak", initially I thought it is some kind of meat cooked in some dark soy sauce, but then in Penang, it seems the "Wu Xiang" that we had in Singapore is addressed as "Lor Bak" so it didn't really give me a wow feeling towards it :)

 
Start of the disastrous journey...

Right after our lunch here, I began to feel a sharp pain in my stomach and began to feel really nauseous. And it is till the extend that I am unable to drive anymore and have to get dear to drive us to our next destination, but who knows halfway through, I began vomiting and the pain in my stomach is just so unbearable and it made me want to black out. Lucky dear was around to take care of me and rushing everywhere to get the medicated oil to apply on. However, I really want our vacation to go as what was planned. 

Third Stop: Wat Chaiya Mangkalaram Temple
Location: Lorong Burma, Pulau Tikus. 
Operating hours: 10am to 6pm

Finally made our way here after all the delay due to me falling sick all of a sudden. Although I managed to take some photos here and "bai bai" here, it is also the start of my long diarrhea journey that will soon befall on me. 


Stayed in the car for hours before dear drive me back to the hotel to rest since I am no longer able to continue on the rest of the itinerary :( I was feeling so sad and uncomfortable throughout the journey as the pain keep on kicking in. I can't believe that I had to be put on the wheel chair just to get me from the carpark back to our hotel room after I can't move due to giddiness. I am really lucky that dear is there to take care of me and drive us back to the hotel.

And so, I stayed in bed and dear apply the warm towels to my stomach and constantly apply the medicated oil for me. I was so in pain and kept on going to the toilet as the diarrhea is just way too unbearable. It was really a living hell experience for me. 

In the end, the only thing we could do for the rest of the second day was to stay in the hotel as I can't stand up for too long as I would just get so giddy after awhile :( What is wrong with me? Food poisoning?

Me and my dear dear ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment