Wednesday 2 August 2017

Day 3 of Ah Ma Wake

Took our white shirts and pants back to wash and let it dry before we head out for our lunch. Went over to the Old Town White Coffee at the Midtown to eat the Nasi Lemak and have some garlic toast which was really nice.

To be honest, I really detest looking at some of the faces at my Ah Ma's funeral wake because all those people are just there to take photos and videos of the funeral process. Till now I couldn't figure out how can people even do such a thing and post it up on their Facebook page that is public page at all. I thought people from their generation ought to have more knowledge on such customs on what can be done or what cannot be done? 

You know I really don't quite understand why I am the one who always have to kneel down whenever there are people with more seniority coming forward to pay their respect to my Ah Ma. The reason why I said this was because I was told it has to be the sons or the direct grandsons so my brother is part of it. And I was told he has to be there 24/7 to guard the money (Bai Jing) given by people but then there are so many incidents where the money are just locked there with no one in sight to guard it. So pretty much bullshit if you asked me. I would gladly do it for Ah Ma but not when I am being bullied to do it and someone just act like a good person infront of everyone. I just couldn't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment