Sunday 19 July 2015

奇味雞煲 Qi Wei Chicken

Today is the day we tasted the worse Chicken Hot Pot of our life.

We took a leap of faith and try out the 奇味雞煲 located at No.973 Upper Serangoon Road after seeing the number of crowd every single time when we drove past the area. But, god we were wrong to even try it out. Ordered the Half Chicken Signature Qi Wei Chicken Claypot for 2 (S$24.90), and with spiciness level of 大辣 and took 2 colored plates of vegetable and mushroom, each is S$3.30 per plate if I didn't remember wrongly. 

When the Signature Qi Wei Chicken Claypot came to our table, it blew me away. First thing I did of course was to try out the gravy to see what caused the craze; which kinda left me in a blank... it was tasteless, other than the gravy being spicy. The gravy was way too watery and unlike the Chicken Hotpot at Serangoon Nex Mall where the gravy was thick and there was a fragrance to it. The Signature Qi Wei Chicken Claypot was really up to it's name "奇味". Worse still, I counted the number of meat in it and seriously, I do not understand why it was indicated in the menu as half a chicken. That alone left me in yet another daze... where exactly did half of the chicken went to???

Once is enough.

It was so tasteless but super duper spicy to the extend that we need something to cool our throat.


No comments:

Post a Comment