Monday 8 February 2016

Chinese Lunar New Year 初一

Alright its the first day of the Lunar New Year, which means that majority of the shopping malls will be closed for a minimum of 2 days and there would be not much food to eat if your family ain't cooking and you would most likely have to settle with just McDonald for the rest of the day lol.

How I wish the girlfriend is here with me for the Lunar New Year. I am never a fan of the Lunar New Year in the past since the family will never be complete and it's impossible for all 4 of us to have a decent reunion dinner (maybe in my dreams). 

Took a photo for the girlfriend before I left the house for CNY

The paternal grandparents house was totally empty when we went over in the afternoon, which was already closed to 2pm and none of the relatives are there yet. Stayed there to chit chat with my grandma before my Da Gu and one of her kid came over one hour later. We stayed for only awhile before we make a move to head over to my maternal grandparents house at Aljunied. I'm glad we did because it's just so quiet.

This year's CNY was totally different as compared to recent years since my mum and brother have not stepped foot there since donkey years ago due to some stupid argument which I find to be really really stupid. And finally, they are there to pay a visit for this year's CNY but then, my grandma have already passed away so... I don't know I just couldn't find the right words or feelings to describe how I felt inside. 

Perhaps this seems like 有失必有得 I guess. With the passing of my maternal grandma last year, it seems to bring everyone together after so many years. And although she was no longer there to see it personally, but at least somehow the family is sort of united back together again. I like the feeling of the whole family, well almost whole, sitting down together and having steamboat together. Even when a total of 9 of us are squeezing at a small table, I felt happy, for once.

AngBao for me and the girlfriend from my Ah Ger Yi

No comments:

Post a Comment